Prospective Grand Jurors must be:
- A Citizen of the United States.
- Over 18 years of age.
- A county resident for at least one year.
- Of sound judgment with no felony convictions.
- Possess sufficient knowledge of English.
- Jury service requires basic computer literacy
Persons selected for the Grand Jury must make a commitment for a full year, and be prepared to serve at least 20 hours a week.
Santa Barbara County residents are urged to apply for service on the Santa Barbara County Grand Jury.